Last update: 29 July 2022
Welcome, and thank you for visiting https://unifii.solar
By proceeding with using unifii.solar (the “website”), you (the “User” or “you”) agrees to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) governing the use of the website, If you choose to use this website on behalf of a company or other legal entity, by doing so you confirm that you have the authority to bind such entity to these Terms.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only and subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any enquiries made or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to design, layout, look, appearance, photos and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Some information provided on this website has been obtained from third parties and is provided for informational purposes only.
THIS NOTICE EXPLAINS HOW WE OBTAIN, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”).
Personal Information we may collect
While you use this website, we may collect certain Personal Information, or you may provide it to us (for example by completing one of our web forms or subscribing to our newsletter). The information you may provide can include your name, email address or telephone number. Depending on the type of enquiry, we might also collect your publicly available personal information. For example, your address or alternative contact numbers.
We may sometimes use “cookies”. “Cookies” are programs that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to improve interactivity with the website. The purpose of “cookies” is to enhance your future visits to our website. You can set your browser to notify you if “cookies” are to be transferred or to reject “cookies” but this may prevent your use of some of our web pages.
Cookies only store information from your browser, they cannot access data on your hard drive. Cookies are text files that cannot transfer viruses to your computer or mobile device.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiry,
- provide you further information on our services,
- improve our service to you by analyzing trends,
- invite you to attend events we hold,
- send you updates on the latest developments in the solar industry, and
- send you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in.
You can unsubscribe from any of our newsletter at any time and thereafter we will not market to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy. We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies. It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our service or to follow up on an enquiry made through our website.
We will need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. For example, we encrypt our laptops and our phones. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of it. We back-up all your personal information on a regular basis.
We will inspect all emails you contact us with via the email addresses that we provide on this website. We do this to check for viruses, and reserve the right to monitor and inspect all material and information transmitted over our system. We may also monitor whether you read emails that we send you.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may access and correct, if necessary, your personal information that we hold by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
South African Privacy Rights
If you are a South African resident, South Africa law may provide you with certain rights with regard to your personal information under the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) and Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), as well as the Consumer Protection Act Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find the information required by POPIA regarding the categories of personal information collected from you; the purposes for which we use personal information, and the categories of third parties your data may be shared with. This information is current as of the date of the Notice and is applicable in the 12 months preceding the effective date of the Notice.
As a South African resident, the POPIA and PAIA provide you the ability to make inquiries regarding your personal information. Specifically, the degree to which the information is not already provided in this Privacy Notice, you have the right to request disclosure or action your personal information, including:
- If your personal information is collected by us.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- The ability to correct or delete certain personal information collected about you.
- The ability to delete all the personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To opt-in or opt-out of direct marketing to you.
- To object to the processing of your personal information, or
- Appeal any rejection of access to your personal information
You may submit a request regarding your rights under POPIA or PAIA by submitting a request to email@example.com
If we receive a POPIA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by Unfii Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through the contact information that we have on file, and/or the contact information submitted to make the request).
Unfii Software Solutions (Pty) Ltd does not knowingly collect or process the special personal information such as your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origins, trade union memberships, political persuasion, health or sex life, or your criminal behaviour or biometric information.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are processing your personal information, we hope that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the Republic of South Africa, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your personal information to the Information Regulator at the following link: https://www.justice.gov.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.